Larissa Grantham Earns Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®) Designation
Phoenix, AZ, September 10, 2020 – Larissa Grantham, a senior wealth counselor at Versant Capital Management, Inc. in Phoenix, has earned the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®) designation from the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA).
The IDFA prepares financial advisors to become experts on the financial aspects of divorce. For many people, divorce is the largest financial transaction of their lives. A CDFA® professional addresses the special financial issues of divorce with data to help achieve equitable settlements. Recipients of the CDFA® designation must have relevant experience as defined by the IDFA in financial planning or family law practice, have successfully completed the IDFA program, and passed the exam.
With her CDFA® credential, Larissa can join a divorce team to provide litigation support for both the lawyer and client. In this role, she may be responsible for:
- Identifying the short- and long-term effects of dividing property
- Integrating tax issues
- Analyzing pension and retirement plan issues
- Determining if the client can afford the matrimonial home—and if not, what might be an affordable alternative
- Evaluating the client’s insurance needs
- Establishing assumptions for projecting inflation and rates of return
- Bringing an innovative and creative approach to settling cases
In addition, she will also:
- Provide the client and lawyer with data that shows the financial effect of any given divorce settlement
- Appear as an expert witness if the case should go to court, or in mediation or arbitration proceedings
- Collect financial and expense data
- Help clients identify their future financial goals
- Develop a budget
- Set retirement objectives
- Determine the costs of their children’s education
“More and more lawyers see the benefit of bringing a financial expert into the divorce process at the very start because if a couple cannot solve their financial difficulties while the marriage was underway, it is unlikely that they will be able to agree on pressing financial issues when it has fallen apart,” Larissa said. “Solid information and expert analysis are important resources for the best possible resolutions for our clients.”
Larissa Grantham, CFP®, CDFA® joined Versant Capital Management in 2019 as a senior wealth counselor with more than 15 years of portfolio management experience. She is a graduate of Park University in Parkville, MO (magna cum laude) with a degree in business administration, emphasis on finance.
About Versant Capital Management, Inc.
Versant Capital Management, Inc. provides customized wealth management services for high net worth clients, including individuals, families and their related entities, trusts, corporate pension and profit sharing plans, closely held businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and other tax exempt entities, with a focus on multi-generational and next-generation education. For more information or to view the firm’s disclosures, go to versantcm.com.
About the IDFA
The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA™) is a national organization dedicated to the certification, education, and promotion of the use of financial professionals in the divorce arena. To acquire the CDFA® designation, a candidate must successfully pass the exam with a minimum score of 72% and be in good standing with their broker/dealer, the FINRA/SEC, or any other licensing or regulatory agency.