Versant Career Opportunities
Senior Wealth Counselor
Fulltime, salaried, benefits
Email letter and resume to Lisa Greve, email@example.com
At Versant Capital Management, senior wealth counselors are the primary managers of client relationships. The position has responsibility for managing existing client relationships and formulating and implementing advice, and may rely on technical specialists to develop recommendations within a given area of expertise. Senior wealth counselors are expected to develop new client relationships and often work with, train, and supervise other staff in wealth management and client service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client relationship development and management, including ongoing and regular client contact and communications
- Wealth management, including managing client workflow and coordination of complete financial plan (analysis, estate planning, tax planning, retirement planning, risk management, and portfolio management)
- Leading and collaborating with the client’s team of outside experts
- Meet with clients/prospects, and potentially with attorneys and CPAs, or other relevant professionals to obtain information necessary to develop and complete financial plan
- Develop the client’s overall financial plan with alternatives and recommendations, and frame the plan for presentation/delivery to the client
- Client service, including planning updates, portfolio changes and reviews, goals-based performance, and new opportunity identification
- Staff supervision, management, development and reviews, including oversight and mentoring of client-facing staff as needed
- Providing ongoing, actionable intellectual contributions to work processes and intellectual capital base, focusing on one or two areas of expertise
- Maximizing productive use of one or more technology platforms involved in executing other duties and responsibilities
- CFA, CFP, or CPA designation required
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- Series 65 or 66 (if necessary)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Junxure, Black Diamond, Red Black, Mindjet
- Financial planning/wealth management acumen, judgment and experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Client first attitude
- A team player, with strong coaching and leadership skills
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Salary and Benefits
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
- Salary will be based on experience
- Eligible for discretionary bonus pool
- Benefits include parking, cell phone allowance, health care, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k), including three percent employer match
- Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
- Incentive comp plan
- Potential equity if criteria is met
About Versant Capital Management, Inc.
Versant Capital Management was founded with a clear objective: to provide rigorous, comprehensive financial advice and management to people through a thoughtful understanding of their personal situations.
A Phoenix-based, independent registered investment advisory (RIA) and wealth management firm, Versant helps individuals and families achieve financial success and make it last. The firm has the professional qualifications and credentials to demonstrate responsibility and provide rational advice, and the courage to raise critical issues, even if it’s not in the firm’s best interest.
We carry out decisions free from the pressure of product bias. As an independent firm, we do not sell or promote any investment product; we rely on skilled professionals to deliver research-driven strategies customized to meet each client’s unique goals. This mindset brings together the best of financial planning and the best of investment management.
Being an independent doesn’t mean “alone.” We invest with some of the most prominent institutional investment managers- including Charles Schwab, Vanguard, Dimensional Fund Advisors, and Stone Ridge – giving our clients access to the best investment management and services available today.
At the center of our approach and our client’s success is Versant’s staff, a team of interdisciplinary financial experts, including CFPs, CFAs, CPAs, MBAs, and even masters of psychology and art. Our team delivers highly customized financial advice and strategies based on each client’s specific needs and goals. We help people use wealth to empower a life well-lived.
Over the last decade and a half, we’ve steadily helped build our clients’ legacies, and today Versant is promoting a new generation of leadership. Our principles remain deeply rooted in serving families, a disciplined investment approach, an entrepreneurial spirit, the freedom to excel, joy in work well done, and giving back to our community.